My Everyday Makeup Routine
- I start by applying this Origins eye cream underneath my eyes. I really love this product and I feel it really does help my eyes appear younger and more awake, even if I didn't get the best night's rest!
- I honestly don't have much of a skin-care routine, besides washing my makeup off every night, washing my face again every morning, applying eye cream, and applying this moisturizer before putting on my makeup every day. I don't use a primer (I have tried primers and honestly don't feel like they do anything for me), but I feel just having a moisturizer on my skin gives my makeup something to stick to besides just my skin.
- After I have let my moisturizer dry, I then apply my foundation. I'm currently using the Loreal True Match foundation. I've tried so many different foundations, and every time I end up going back to this one! I mix N5 True Beige and N2 Classic Ivory for my perfect shade. I take one shade and dot in all over my face, then do the same with the other shade. The shade I add more of depends on whether or not I have my fake tan on or not. I then take this damp makeup sponge and blend it all in!
- Next, I use this concealer underneath my eyes, in the center of my forehead, down the center of my nose, my cupids bow, and the center of my chin. I use shade Fair Neutral.
- I then contour with an angled brush and this Smashbox bronzer in Warm Matte.
- Now for my favorite part! While I'm applying my eye makeup, I let my under eye and my contour "bake" using the Laura Mercier translucent loose setting powder. I do this by getting a generous amount of the powder on my makeup sponge, which is still damp from applying foundation, and pressing it where I want to bake (under my eyes, and directly underneath my contour). I use quite a bit of the setting powder for this step! I let it sit and bake until I'm done with my eye makeup.
- I'm currently obsessed with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette! On a typical day, I take Tempera or Golden Ochre and apply that all over my lid, then I take Warm Taupe or Antique Bronze (or both!) and apply that in the crease and outer v of my eye. Then I curl my lashes and apply mascara.
- I don't have a fancy brow routine. I honestly just use a brown eye shadow that I feel matches my hair color pretty good. I use a very small angled eye shadow brush and just apply it onto my brows. It's the easiest thing in the world and one less makeup product I have to buy! And I think my brows look good and natural! I also can't go a day without using a clear brow gel to set them in place!
- Now that I'm done with my eyes and brows, I use a large fluffy brush to wipe away the translucent powder that has been sitting there baking my contour and under eye! Now I use this brush to apply the Makeup Geek blush in Valentine, which I'm sad to report, is no longer available. So, it looks like I'll be in the market for some new blush soon!
- I then apply this highlighter in "Sin" to the tops of my cheek bones. I then take a large fluffy brush and blend all the powders on my face so everything looks put together and seamless!
- I am obsessed with this YSL lipstick! I use Soft Pink almost every single day! It's very natural and subtle. Perfect for wearing to work!
- And the very last step is using the MAC Prep & Prime Fix+ to make my face dewy and radiant!
So that's my everyday routine! If I'm in a huge hurry and running late for work, I'll skip the baking part of my routine and just apply a small amount of the translucent powder all over my face to set my makeup. But on a typical day, this is how I apply my makeup!
I hope you enjoyed!