Today I will be sharing a recipe for the most delicious chili! It has a little bit of a kick to it, and lots of yummy ingredients - I hope you'll try the recipe! The recipe was given to me by my boyfriend Andrew. I did tweak it a little bit but for the most part this is his recipe. Enjoy!
- Two lbs ground beef - more or less depending on how many you are feeding!
- An assortment of spices - I chose chili powder, chipotle chili powder, black and white peppercorn, basil, and crushed red pepper.
- Two 16 oz cans of dark beer. I went with a local Oklahoma beer from Coop.
- A few cloves of fresh garlic, peeled.
- One onion
- One red bell pepper
- One green bell pepper
- One poblano pepper
- And other peppers you like!
- Four - five roma tomatoes
- One large can of tomato paste
- One can chipotle chili's in adobo sauce
- One can red kidney beans, drained
- One can pinto beans, drained
- One can black beans, drained
- Other kinds of beans if you'd like!
- Brown ground beef in skillet with a few cloves of peeled garlic. Once beef is done, remove cloves of garlic. Add desired spices to the ground beef. Stir in tomato paste.
- Chop peppers, tomatoes, onion and chipotle chilis.
- Pour beer in crock pot and add all ingredients.
- Cook in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
- Enjoy with some goat cheese on top and crackers!
Update** This chili won first prize at my family's annual Fall Festival! All of the men in my family loved the little bit of spiciness and all the wonderful flavors!